[TriLUG] OT: Have a Job

Ryan Leathers rleathers at lexile.com
Wed Feb 6 08:26:49 EST 2013

*Software Engineer

Skills you need to have or be able to quickly acquire:

Python, Django, Javascript, HTML5, CSS3, Bootstrap

Additional desired skills and experience:

Be very familiar with one or more SQL databases, NoSQL, unit testing,
continuous integration, distributed code repositories, design patterns,
object oriented design principles, Linux, other object oriented languages.
Experience on a successful SCRUM team is a big plus.

About the Employer:

We are a profitable, growing, well established company in the Durham /
Morrisville area.  No recruiters please! We have developed some great
products and we are poised to continue to be very successful in our market.

We have a well developed Scrum process, a supportive upper management, and
are Open Source friendly.  We have a lot of fun and get to work on
challenging projects.

About the position:

We are looking for an experienced developer who enjoys challenging
technical problems. Often, our group is tasked with turning scientific
research into marketable software applications. A solid background in
mathematics and an affinity for statistics will give you a leg up.

Much of our work is done in Python. We will consider applicants who have
strong experience in other object oriented languages. If you are highly
experienced in another language and you happen to like Python, please
apply. *