[TriLUG] Silly Survey about a dash or a minus in a command line option

Jeremy Davis jeremyhwllc at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 18:26:27 EST 2013

In Iraq I was tracking personnel with an elaborate excel spreadsheet full
of sumif formulas. One day I started getting a negative number.  So I
checked the code over several times. The report turn in time was
approaching and was stressing, ranting and raving. I even tried a formula
that returns only absolute numbers and still got a negative number. That
was when I realized there was a spec of dirt on my computer screen that
happened to look just like a minus/dash everytime I ran the report.