[TriLUG] Silly Survey about a dash or a minus in a command line option

John Mitchell john280z at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 18:27:57 EST 2013

   1) Remember, the instructor is Always Correct.    :)

Wikipedia defines the "minus sign" in terms of Mathematics. I don't think
"-al" is a negative quantity.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minus_sign

>From here:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyphen  scroll down to "In
computing" we get:
"In the ASCII character encoding, the hyphen is encoded as character 45.
This character is actually called the hyphen-minus, and it is also used as
the minus sign and for dashes."

john mitchell