[TriLUG] Debian on a laptop

Roy Vestal rvestal at trilug.org
Mon Feb 18 13:48:22 EST 2013

Now Brandon,
  You know not to start a flame war! ;)

"Anyways you're better off learning Linux on Ubuntu because it's easier
to use than (arguably) all the other distros."

As a former Solaris admin, Debian based was not the easiest for me. Red
Hat, and of course now Fedora, was much easier. Also, I always recommend
to my peers that want to work in corporate datacenters to learn Red Hat
first as most DCs that I've worked in use RH systems not Debian based
systems. Again, mileage WILL vary depending on your background. :)

With that said, this thread is about Debian and RaspberryPi
synchronization. I say, use Debian, Ubuntu, Mint, Fedora, ArchLinux,
LFS, whatever works for you on your PC.

As an example, I use CentOS and Mac to do my Android development. Wait?
Isn't Android Debian based? Ah yes it is! And therefore to my point.
Just install what you want, use what you want. If Debian doesn't work,
use another and enjoy your day. :)

-Roy