[TriLUG] One Board PCs Like the RPi

Igor Partola igor at igorpartola.com
Wed Feb 20 10:36:04 EST 2013

Don't forget the SheevaPlug (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SheevaPlug). For
your use case it might work better since it doesn't sound like you need the
GPIO ports. Price-wise, it is comparable the the RPi. For my RPi, case, SD
card, powered hub, and USB Y cable for my hard-drive, I spent about $75.
The SheevaPlug is about $100 and of those things listed you might require
only the Y cable. With it you would normally get a faster processor (1.2
GHz) and GB ethernet. I am not saying it's a better deal, just that it's
another alternative.

Check out the GuruPlug brand of these:
http://www.globalscaletechnologies.com/p-31-guruplug-server-standard.aspx

Additionally, I have been curious about PogoPlug, which has lots of
different versions and can be had for as little as $25.

Igor