[TriLUG] Steam says that two percent of its users are now on Linux

John Vaughters jvaughters04 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 6 22:43:32 EST 2013

>Why on Earth should one do that?  Apple may have a Unix underbelly, but
>it's not a Linux and never will be.

Apple is specifically a BSD Variant. I consider this the same Open Source unity in the sense that code developed by the world is easily used on Apple with very little differences. I can jump on an Apple commnd line and work just as easily as Linux without issue. Besides the occasional hiccup I would not know the difference. So my point is that only Microsoft is left doing their own Dev without help from the world. This is what is sinking Microsoft. It is a significant difference in software progression capability.

I am not a gamer, so all the game references blew over my head so I will trust you.