[TriLUG] Television & RF interference -- yes computer related -- I think

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Wed Mar 6 23:55:04 EST 2013

On Wed, 6 Mar 2013, James Jones wrote:

> J. Mack -- During the live event, the Mac Monitor showed the beat
> pattern and it was present in the recording as well. The monitors for
> the individual cameras didn't show it ( according to producer of the
> video ).

I'm confused. There are monitors on the cameras and a Mac
Monitor, which I assume is monitoring the recording. And
there's a whole pile of stuff that I don't know about.

> Does anyone make  filters for ac power? Would an Uninterruptible Power
> system have enough RFI/TVI filtering to help?

The filters on UPSs are designed for hash and spikes on the
AC (all would be under 10kHz I'd guess). I doubt if RFI
filtering is thought about or measured.

Joe