[TriLUG] Steam says that two percent of its users are now on Linux

John Vaughters jvaughters04 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 7 15:50:52 EST 2013

>Take comfort that Linux drives MS to be better and more cost effective
and who knows maybe they will eventually cave and merge the good parts
of Windows with Linux in the future. They may have to just?to survive,
but not anytime soon.
Isn't that called MS Powershell?

I would not call Powershell a merge of OS's at all, but it is rather interesting and power is the correct term. It was a great move by MS. I meant that MS would give up much of their OS and use the Open Source solutions with standards. Then they could concentrate on their unique solutions. I am not expecting it anytime soon and possibly never, but I just do not see how they will be able to keep up with Linux. It is facinating to watch how it is progressing.