[TriLUG] Presentation Software

Len Boyle Len.Boyle at sas.com
Mon Mar 11 13:33:10 EDT 2013

Brian,

This may be a larger stick then you want to look at.
But you might want to look at TeX.

Search on presentation software and tex.

Or start with tug.org
Or for overview http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TeX
It is a markup language which runs about everywhere and can print to almost to any device, including html, xml and pdf formats.

There are a number of packages for slides.
The software is mostly free, but you can purchase products and support

There are several ide's for TeX or you can just use your text editor.

For one ide that runs on linux see http://code.google.com/p/texworks/