[TriLUG] Raspberry Pi Power Supply

Pete Soper pete at soper.us
Wed Mar 13 17:44:54 EDT 2013

On 03/13/2013 05:02 PM, R Radford wrote:
> The Raspberry Pi A and B boards are fused at 0.75A at the input so
> can't draw more than this, so a 2A supply will be more than adequate
> for the Raspberry Pi and any directly attached USB peripherals.
Not any, just a few. :-)

We may be saying the same thing:
    Putting a >.75A power supply into the microUSB was relevant to a
small number of early RPIs but is now a worthless urban legend that
needs to be stamped out of existence.
    Powered USB hubs are the only way to run power-hungry peripherals,
practically defines as "more than a plain keyboard and mouse."

-Pete