[TriLUG] Life management -- project management?

Jeremy Davis jeremyhwllc at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 12:54:15 EDT 2013

Brian,
I designed a task tracker that has become quite popular among my coworkers.
At work, I built it with MS Access. At home, I built a similar version
using LibreOffice Base. The one thing I don't like, it really is not a
mobile friendly solution. That is OK I guess since "nothing" on a mobile
device has ever worked for me, once the newness wore off, as far as
trackers go. The MS Access version allows me to drag and drop Outlook
emails and other docs into open tasks to provide a central repository of
all correspondence with a task. I have not figured out an easy way to
implement that feature with LibreOffice Base.

As a work tool, it is great to be able to go back and drill down and query
"complete" and "work in progress" items. It helps me remember what happened
for reporting purposes and annual evaluations. I work in a high paced
militant customer service oriented environment and this thing was designed
to handle any crazy critical issue that walks in the door. So out of
necessity over the years, it has evolved into a nice and flexible program
that helps me cope with work environment induced ADD. It also works well
with multiple users, so supervisors can pull snap shots of the workload in
the office etc..

You are welcome to a copy if you want to check it out.

Other than that, Google Drive and Docs seems to beat everything else, for
me.
Jeremy