[TriLUG] Is TWC throttling CDN traffic (youtube/amazonprime/netflix) ?

Randy Barlow randy at electronsweatshop.com
Wed Mar 20 12:35:14 EDT 2013

On Wed, 20 Mar 2013 11:07:14 -0400
Igor Partola <igor at igorpartola.com> wrote:
> I have not been seeing any issues. Then again, I have been accessing
> YouTube over IPv6 and I don't think TWC knows what that is :)

I too use an HE tunnel, but somehow the YouTube videos seem to be using
a hostname that doesn't have an AAAA record, and so my video traffic is
going to one of the sad throttling servers.

I've done an anecdotal polling of my friends who use HE, and most of
them do not have this happen to them, but one other friend does.

I've also tried blocking various IP ranges to no avail.