[TriLUG] Call for Volunteers to support BarCampRDU 2013 - Please share this!

Jeremy Davis jeremydavis at jeremydavis.biz
Thu Mar 21 22:36:27 EDT 2013

Calling all BarCampers, your assistance is needed! It is up to “YOU”
to make this awesome event happen!

We would like to keep the Hunt Library as the venue location because
it is awesome and it holds more people than past venues; however,
there is an additional cost associated with it. Please help us secure
sponsors. Talk to the marketing department of your company or
recommend BarCampRDU sponsorship to local startups and small
businesses that need a positive boost with the local tech community.

Cost of the event:
Hunt Library Venue $2000
Tshirts $2500
Food $1500

We must reach our goal of $6000, to cover the costs, no later than 1
May 2013. Otherwise, compromises will need to be made. Make sure you
let everyone know that this is an excellent event to sponsor. This
year, there is an excellent opportunity for smaller local companies to
sponsor the event and receive recognition online at an affordable
rate. The sponsorship form is live and accepts credit cards.
http://trilug.org/barcamp/sponsorship/

Spread the word! If you are a member of an open source group, invite
your group and encourage them to sign up. The more people who know,
the more ideas, speakers, topics, and potential sponsors we will have.
The absolute best way you can help, right now, is to talk about
BarCampRDU 2013 with everyone you can think of. If you have heard a
great talk lately, reach out and invite that speaker to attend and
present. If you can do a talk, plan on it! If you have a topic idea
share it with us. Talk about BarCampRDU every chance you get. Talk to
someone about BarCampRDU 2013 everyday!!
Volunteer to take lead on one of our online resources:

We need some volunteers to step up and help organize information on
the wiki. http://barcamp.org/w/page/401431/BarCampRDU

If you would like to take on one of these resources to help promote
the event let us know.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/barcamprdu
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BarCampRDU
Google+: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/100257218285335524246

New this year:
WordPress Authors – We have the capability to have mulitple users on
our new self-hosted WordPress site. Let me know if you would like to
have an “Author” account so you can post photos and content to the
site. It would be really awesome for a number of folks to have the
WordPress app on their phones, so pictures and content can be posted
during the event. Content posted to the WP site will be automatically
sent to Twitter.

Google Hangout Operators – It would be awesome to broadcast live and
automatically record to Youtube, as many talks as possible via Google
Hangouts (which is very easy). To achieve this, we need volunteers who
are willing to operate a laptop with a web cam during a few talks. The
more volunteers the better. All the Google Hangout volunteers should
plan to do a hangout together, prior to the event, to practice and go
over a few recording tips.

Capturing this great event, for sharing online, will spark more
interest for future events.
Signup now to volunteer for this awesome event!

http://trilug.org/barcamp/volunteer/

Cheers!
Jeremy Davis
BarCampRDU 2013 Organizer