[TriLUG] File Managers

Jack Hill jackhill at jackhill.us
Mon Mar 25 08:59:26 EDT 2013

On Mon, 25 Mar 2013, Grawburg wrote:

> I'm looking for a good file manager. I don't need lots of bells and whistles, but I'm used to using one on my OS/2 system and miss
> it.  I don't care for the basic f.m. that comes with Debian.  Although I realize much of what is available for Linux is free (and I like free)
> I'm not at all opposed to paying for it.  So, how about a few suggestions?
>

> Brian Grawburg
> Wilson

Brian,

What are you looking for in a file manager? Which ones are you using now
on OS/2 and Debian? I like Dolphin for my full featured file manager.
ROX-Filer for lightweight. I don't use a twin panel file manager, but
Gentoo might be a good option there http://obsession.se/gentoo/.

Perhaps you'll find Wikipedia's comparison of file managers useful:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_file_managers.

Best,
Jack