[TriLUG] search engine

Cristóbal Palmer cristobalpalmer at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 11:41:05 EDT 2013

On Monday, April 1, 2013 at 11:27 AM, WA Brown wrote:
> Can anybody recommend a search engine to replace Google? Especially one that keeps info private?

https://duckduckgo.com/about

Note that information about your search habits can leak various ways, including but not limited to DNS, your browser, browser plugins, your operating system….

You should probably also mistrust any provider that claims to be maintaining your privacy if you have no way of verifying that. Depending on your level of commitment/paranoia there are various tools that you could combine, such as http://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox. In fact, maybe we should see about doing a meeting on FreedomBox….

Cheers,
--
Cristóbal Palmer
cmpalmer.org