[TriLUG] Raspberry Pi Application

Pete Soper pete at soper.us
Thu Apr 4 16:08:32 EDT 2013

Well good luck getting the Raspberry Pi to run Windows. :-)

VNC or a Windows remote desktop connection-compatible client on the
Raspberry Pi might be effective. The Windows system running the
spreadsheet would offer a VNC or RDP server session to the Pi, which
would drive the monitor and allow access to the spreadsheet. The
spreadsheet would only be in one place on one Windows system and could
be anything you'd care to use without adding dependencies to the RPI
side of things.  I don't know anything about RDP semantics but know that
with VNC it would be trivial to allow multiple parties to modify the
spreadsheet. Also, VNC supports encryption on the links so North Korean
agents would be prevented from implementing a man in the middle attack.

-Pete