[TriLUG] About time-warner broadband

Heath Roberts htroberts at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 10:13:25 EDT 2013

Not aware of TWC blocking traffic on any particular port, but I have had
trouble with a TWC-supplied (Ubee) modem/router/firewall (even in bridge
mode) dropping udp/53 (DNS) packets larger than 512 bytes, which was
annoying. Switching to an owned motorola modem made the problem go away.

TWC has been reported to screw with all your traffic if they notice torrent
exchanges to/from your IP. I don't routinely torrent anything, but have
observed this. No idea if they still do it.