[TriLUG] Odd website behaviour

Brian McCullough bdmc at buadh-brath.com
Tue Apr 9 15:33:32 EDT 2013

On Tue, Apr 09, 2013 at 03:14:30PM -0400, Igor Partola wrote:
> Brian,
>
> Several things before the main issue. First, if you can serve these images
> out of /tmp, does that mean that your server's entire /tmp is accessible to
> the whole world?

I did a bit of a short-cut in my description here.  I moved that file
into my webroot before showing it.

> Second, storing images in a database is funky, but I assume there is some
> reason to do this.

Like a lot of my projects, I inherited this one.

Actually, the PHP part of things is looking at a database created and
maintained by a corporate application.

> What I would suspect is that while the image is being retrieved and
> echo'ed, PHP prints some kind of a warning.

I was going to say that the only thing is in error_log, warning about
headers, but I think I see where you are going.

I will try wget or something like that.

Brian