[TriLUG] pilot has been upgraded to Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

Bill Farrow bill at arrowsreach.com
Sun Apr 21 15:30:50 EDT 2013

On Sat, Apr 20, 2013 at 9:59 PM, Jack Hill <jackhill at jackhill.us> wrote:
>> Bill for setting up some new hardware
> Cool, what's the new hardware and how are we planing to use it?

A couple of months ago I acquired 2 identical 1U servers for TriLUG.
These are now installed in our rack alongside our main server,
"pilot".  The specs are below.  These two servers are identical.

Dell PowerEdge SC1425
2x Intel Xeon 2.80 GHz - F43, 2048 KB L2 Cache, 64bit, Irwindale
3 GB ECC DDR2 RAM 800MHz
1 TB SATA hard drive

We are thinking of moving some essential services like dns, ldap, etc
onto these servers and away from pilot, allowing pilot to remain our
general user login machine.  If you come up with another use for them,
we would love to hear it.

Bill