[TriLUG] Product that some of you might find useful

Bill Vinson bill at vinsonweb.com
Tue Apr 23 15:49:18 EDT 2013

Hey all,

I believe this is in bounds for the discussion mailing list. If not, please
let me know. I wanted to let you all know about a new flavor of our product
as I think it might be useful to some of you.

The company I work for, BlueStripe Software, has had a product called
FactFinder that provides transaction monitoring, root-cause analysis,
application performance, etc. However, we have just recently added a
version called FactFinder Express that is meant for monitoring a single
server and all of it's direct connections on the front and back-ends. This
software has a free trial and I think the good tie-in for TriLUG is it
works really well with Linux. The only negative for this group is that the
GUI console requires Windows, but everything else (collector & management
server...data collection & storage/analysis respectively) works great on
Linux. Knowing some of you, I think it might prove helpful in your day to
day work...

I should note that we officially support RHEL & CentOS Linux distros mainly
with some support for Oracle Linux & SUSE. Sorry, Ubuntu/Debian is not on
the list at this point...

I'm don't want to try & sell any of you on it...I'm an engineer, not a
sales guy :)

If you think this might be interesting, just fill out the trial form at
http://bluestripe.com/express/form.html.

Thanks all,
Bill