[TriLUG] Palmer for another SC term; proposed amendment to the bylaws

Phillip Rhodes motley.crue.fan at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 13:56:45 EDT 2013

> Perhaps you should fire me, but I would like another shot. To that end, I am proposing an
> amendment to our bylaws. I don't have the exact text that we'll vote on at the May meeting > yet because I need your participation.
> <snip>
> http://pebkac.homelinux.net/2013/04/24/an-anti-harassment-policy-for-trilug

+0 right now.

I would need more time to think about it, and may have some quibbles
with the exact wording, but I would probably support this in the end.
I just want to be *very* careful that we don't create an environment
where people feel like they are walking on eggshells, having to
constantly worry about being busted by the "PC police" at every turn,
when they are at a TriLUG function.  But if we can strike the right
balance, I think it's more or less a no-brainer. Obviously we don't
want people getting harrassed at Trilug events (or on the mailing
list, or IRC, for that matter).

Phil