[TriLUG] proposed amendment to the bylaws

Alan Porter porter at trilug.org
Wed Apr 24 14:30:26 EDT 2013

> walking on eggshells, having to
> constantly worry about being busted

Believe me, the steering committee shares this concern.

This is supposed to be about inclusiveness, and how to convince
some that may be cautious about attending that we've got their
backs.  We want to announce up front that if someone is being
truly bothersome, we will ask them to leave a meeting rather
than just shrugging and saying "that guy is a real jerk, but hey".

That does NOT mean that we can't joke and have fun and even
poke fun at each other.  But it DOES mean that I don't have to
worry about a foul-mouthed heckler or a presentation with NSFW
images in it before inviting my kids to attend a meeting.

The steering committee has discussed this topic quite a bit over
the last month or so, and we basically agree that it's a good idea
to spell out where we, as a group, stand.  But like you suggest,
there has been some disagreement about specific wording.

I encourage you to review what Cristóbal has collected, and
contribute to making it right for us.

+1 to Cristóbal for sticking to his convictions and leading the effort.

--
# Alan Porter