[TriLUG] Fwd: Sign this Petition - Explain why taxpayers pay out billions to Microsoft and get nothing in return, while Linux is free!

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Sat Apr 27 13:01:12 EDT 2013

Jeremy,

If the petition consisted only of the first sentence, I would have
signed it instantly. But when the petition veers into spending taxpayer
dollars paying for Linux development, that opens a huge can of worms.
That gets us into alternatives for those dollars, whether those
alternatives are to roll back the recent tax rate increase on those
earning over a mil a year, or providing subsidized childcare so a
single woman can go back to work. I just don't want to get into that
battle, at least not over Linux.

SteveT