[TriLUG] Fwd: Sign this Petition - Explain why taxpayers pay out billions to Microsoft and get nothing in return, while Linux is free!

Jeremy Davis jeremydavis at jeremydavis.biz
Sat Apr 27 23:28:33 EDT 2013

It was brought to my attention that the petition topic may be
percieved by some as too politically oriented, which could put the
TriLUG's nonprofit status at risk. Please forgive me, it was a
Starbucks cappuccino driven idea that I initiated and then blurted out
on the mailing list without any consideration of risks posed to the
organization. My comments were my personal opinion and not officially
endorsed by TriLUG even though I am a steering committee member. My
intent was really to educate the general public of this open source
platform that we are all fortunate to have at our disposal. The We the
People petition program is open sourced on GitHub. It is easy to use
and has been implemented by over 300 other government entities around
the world. So for clarification, while members were educated about
this open source petition program through the mailing list resource
hosted by TriLUG, and the example used to show how it works involves
ousting Microsoft from its government entrenchment, the TriLUG as an
organization does not and/or cannot officially support any political
movements that may occur as a result of members' knowledge gained from
the information presented.

Sincerely yours
Jeremy Davis
TriLUG PR