[TriLUG] iptables & FUD

Sean Alexandre sean at alexan.org
Sun Apr 28 18:36:59 EDT 2013

On Sun, Apr 28, 2013 at 06:07:38PM -0400, Alan Porter wrote:
> Where iptables REALLY SHINES is by building a belt-and-suspenders
> approach to guard against accidentally leaving a port open that you
> did not mean to.

Agreed. And I think that's where it would have helped me here. I only wanted dchpd to
run on my lan interface, and not the wan. (Although, looking more closely at the config
I think dhcpd was just servicing the lan, even though it was listening on the wan as
well for some reason. I need to look into that.)