[TriLUG] Windows Managers Survey

Cristóbal Palmer cmp at cmpalmer.org
Mon Apr 29 14:53:10 EDT 2013

On Monday, April 29, 2013 at 2:39 PM, John Vaughters wrote:
> I am morphing the iptables conversation into a Window Managers Survey. I would like to know what everyone is using for their Windows Manager on their highest use boxes. I follow the RH/Centos default streams.
>
> GNOME 2 at work
> GNOME 3 at home

This mailing list has over 600 subscribers. Soliciting postings like this is not a great use of our resources or the time of the subscribers, especially given that you won't have data that will allow for generalization/inferences. If you want to do a survey, please set up something like a google form, survey monkey, qualtrics, etc. and then post that to this list. Be sure to disclose up front what information you're collecting and how it will be used. Even better would be collaborating with researchers who are already pursuing this sort of information and asking them how we might best help them.

I'm possibly misunderstanding what you're after. If what you're looking for are off-the-beaten-path window managers, then by all means ask people to chime in with experiences. If what you're asking for is responses of the form "I use [KDE|GNOME] because ______" then that's going to result in a lot of not very useful noise.

Cheers and thanks for understanding,
--
Cristóbal Palmer
cmpalmer.org