[TriLUG] Windows Managers Survey

matt at noway2.thruhere.net matt at noway2.thruhere.net
Mon Apr 29 17:27:57 EDT 2013

> Right now I use xfce on Debian-something (I forget whether I'm on
> testing or unstable).  I'm eager to see some of the responses here; xfce
> is good and lightweight, but I wouldn't mind experimenting with WMs that
> sport a little more eye-candy.

I too am eager to see what comes of this discussion.  With the switch to
the tablet style interfaces, the display manager has been at the forefront
of my issues and thoughts in terms of Linux distributions.

I moved away from Ubuntu a while back because of the display changes and
I've been somewhat unsettled ever since.  So far, I've been happy with
KDE, other than it seems to be a bit of a memory hog on my 5 year old
laptop.