[TriLUG] Thomas Edison and Patents

John Vaughters jvaughters04 at yahoo.com
Wed May 1 17:12:51 EDT 2013

Even Alexander Graham Bell had to succumb to Edisons Patent's on the Carbon Microphone. Even Watson Heard that!

One of the greatest ironic twists of one of the greatest inventions ever.

1. Tesla and Edison argue over Polyphase Electric Devices and Tesla Quits
2. Tesla ends up working with Westinghouse and gives his patent rights to Westinghouse to help win the war on power
3. Edison Electric loses to Westinhouse Polyphase power solution for the Niagra Falls power contract
4. JP Morgan pushes out Edison from the corporation Edison started and names the Corp General Electric
5. JP Morgan pressures Westinghouse to purchase the Polyphase patent rights

In the end, Tesla who previously worked for Edison ended up having his patents sold to the corporation that Edison started, but no longer was the controlling owner. A company that went on to be the most successful company in Electric Devices all becasue a Banker who controlled the inventors.

Ain't Life Grand!

John Vaughters