[TriLUG] The biggest deterrent for women in tech

John Vaughters jvaughters04 at yahoo.com
Wed May 1 20:22:02 EDT 2013

It is a biological fact that men and women have different brain anatomy. This alone suggests differences. Now add in well known and established facts, like women are better at language and men are better at spacial understanding.

The examples of differences on a worldwide basis cannot be ignored. I think if you consider the evolutionary aspects of the gender role, it is rather clear how natural selection has molded these differences.

But most importantly, if we have near similar brains it totally kills the women are smarter argument :-)

Seriously though I keep going back to we both have strengths and whether social or physical if we respect the differences as strengths we both win.

John Vaughters