[TriLUG] The biggest deterrent for women in tech

Brian McCullough bdmc at buadh-brath.com
Wed May 1 20:30:14 EDT 2013

Poking my head up for a moment.  I have been watching this thread with
great interest, but didn't feel that I had much to contribute.

On Wed, May 01, 2013 at 06:30:04AM -0700, John Vaughters wrote:

> I agree with you it has alot to do with support from both genders, but the role models of women are important to break down the false barrier that it is too difficult for women. BTW news this morning that Marrisa Mayer of Yahoo was paid $36.6 Million for her first 6 months on the job, and she had a baby too. Now that is a role model.

This has been bothering me ever since this story started several months
ago.

What in the heck does the fact that she is a CEO and had a baby got to
do with anything?  I am sure that several male CEOs have fathered
children while they were performing their jobs.

Brian