[TriLUG] MySQL Runaway

Jamie Kahgee jamie.kahgee at gmail.com
Wed May 8 09:26:07 EDT 2013

Have you ever used innotop<http://innotop.googlecode.com/svn/html/manual.html>?
 can be used to extract a lot of info.

What kind of tables are we talking about here (myISAM / InnoDB)?  Do you
have large/small buffer pools? do you have a large/small query cache?  can
you see/log what your process-list (SHOW PROCESSLIST) is while your CPU
usage is high?

to speak on what everyone else is saying: the higher the utilization, the
higher the chances of queueing

Thanks,
Jamie K.