[TriLUG] Late night IPv6

Alan Porter porter at trilug.org
Fri May 10 11:21:05 EDT 2013

> Soooooooooooo, My question is: What advantages does ipv6 have over ipv4?

There are already some internet sites that are only available on ipv6
because where they are hosted have run out of ipv4 addresses.  I can't
name any, because I live in an ipv4-rich country.  But I am thinking of
places like South Korea.

I am looking forward to the day when we see the first mainstream service
that is only available on ipv6.  Then, people will finally get the point
that it's not just about their own access to ipv4, but also their
peers.  "Ooh, I want ipv6 so I can go to Foo-Tube".

--
# Alan Porter