[TriLUG] Late night IPv6

Igor Partola igor at igorpartola.com
Fri May 10 15:45:49 EDT 2013

Bill,

That's strange. My test for a similar situation returns something like this:

Starting Nmap 5.21 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2013-05-10 19:44 UTC
Host is up (0.093s latency).
Not shown: 999 filtered ports
PORT   STATE SERVICE
22/tcp open  ssh

Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 9.23 seconds

Some explanations I can think of:

1. You have another firewall in play somewhere. Perhaps there are more
rules on the router itself, or on the desktop. Or maybe pilot has an
outgoing firewall.

2. Somehow your sshd is not set to listen on the IPv6 address.

3. Magic, elves, etc.