[TriLUG] Late night IPv6

Bill Farrow bill at arrowsreach.com
Mon May 13 14:36:42 EDT 2013

On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 3:45 PM, Igor Partola <igor at igorpartola.com> wrote:
> 1. You have another firewall in play somewhere. Perhaps there are more
> rules on the router itself, or on the desktop. Or maybe pilot has an
> outgoing firewall.

So the OpenWRT router already has a set of ipv6 rules configured by
default to prevent some types of attacks.  Not knowing this, when I
tried adding your rules they appended on to the end of existing
chains.

The mystery deepens when I port scan my desktop's ipv6 address: I get
a list of open ports that I don't recognize, and it is the same list
of open ports that I get when I scan my ipv6 hurricane electric
tunnelbroker endpoint. I know my desktop has http port 80 open, but
the port scan does not show it.  Can anyone explain this ?

Bill