[TriLUG] Teen Tech Camp - needs keyboards, mice, and hdmi monitors

Bill Farrow bill at arrowsreach.com
Mon May 20 11:53:38 EDT 2013

Hello TriLUG,
Refresh the Triangle [1] is partnering with the Durham Public library
and the Python Software Foundation to put on an encore of our popular
Teen Tech Camp this summer [2]. To make it happen, we need your help!

The workshop will give 20 students a Raspberry Pi [3], and they need
our help to source donated or loaner peripherals (keyboards, mice,
monitors).  Some of these kids do not even have a computer at home, so
donated equipment would be fantastic. The workshop is scheduled for
August 12th.

The peripherals we are looking for are:
  Monitors with HDMI inputs
  USB mouse
  USB Keyboard
  Ethernet cables (for connecting Raspberry Pi's to the libraries
internet access)
  USB Hubs (must have it's own power supply to work with the RasPi)

Ideally we'd like to let the kids keep the peripherals, as many of
them won't have a computer at home. We thought of you guys because
everyone knows: no one has more gear than Linux people :) We need 20
of each, whether its donated or just borrowed.

Do you have a closet full of keyboards, mice, and monitors ?  Does the
company you work for have a pile of old Dell keyboards and mice ?

For more information and to sign up to help: http://goo.gl/JLkWm
Or contact Sarah Kahn <snkahn at gmail.com> directly...

Bill

[1] http://meetup.com/refreshthetriangle/