[TriLUG] Teen Tech Camp - needs keyboards, mice, and hdmi monitors

Bill Farrow bill at arrowsreach.com
Wed May 22 11:52:36 EDT 2013

On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 11:30 AM, Kevin Otte <nivex at nivex.net> wrote:
> Very few monitors I've come across have HDMI inputs. DVI monitors,
> however, are fairly plentiful. I'd suggest getting a bunch of HDMI->DVI
> cables such as:

Good idea.  Let me take that one step further and suggest buying std
HDMI cables and separate HDMI-DVI adapters.  Then the kids will have
more options when they take the cables home.  A distinctive color
would also help the kids identify and keep their cables when they get
home.

3ft HDMI Cable (orange) = $2.50
  http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?p_id=3949

DVI <--> HDMI Adapter = $2.26
  http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?p_id=2029

10ft Cat5e Network Cable (orange) = $1.68
  http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?p_id=3388

Monoprice also have keyboards starting at $7.59 each, and mice from $4.46 each

(BTW: I have no association with Monoprice, I just don't like paying
$25 for HDMI cables from Best Buy.)

Bill