No subject

Sun Jun 2 12:36:39 EDT 2013

mount -t nfs squit:\squite \mnt\squite

I get RPC timed out.

The server is logging the mount as successful.  The network traffic shows
an ICMP error: destination unreachable.

When I originally did a cat on /proc/filesystems, nfs did not show up.  I
then did a modprobe nfs and a modprobe nfsd.  Now nfs shows up under
/proc/filesystems but I still get RPC timed out.

I can run Windows Services for Unix as an NFS client on another Windows
system and successfully mount squite.

Anyone have any ideas what may not be set up right on my Linux system?  I
do not have a User Name Mapping Service set up...do I need one?