No subject

Sun Jun 2 12:36:39 EDT 2013

>Current positions available:
>***************************************
>Network Support Engineer (2nd Shift)
>Location: Durham, NC
>
>M-F 12 p.m. to 9 p.m.
>Rotating pager duty
>Please email your resume to Jobs at BritSys.com .
>
>BritSys Inc. is one the fastest-growing broadband DSL service providers
>in the nation. We are seeking a highly motivated, experienced, and
>creative individual to work in our Durham, North Carolina headquarters.
>
>Applicant must have a minimum 12 months experience with DSL
>technologies and  good Redback/Cisco  routing/provisioning experience
>in an ATM environment.
>
>Person will be working via telephone and email with customers, the
>ILECs, and the CLECs to resolve network problems and assist in DSL
>repairs nationwide.
>
>BritSys is a fun environment with no pressure from investors,
>management, or the current economy.  Come join our team!

So, basically, they're looking for someone who has DSL=20
experience.  It's interesting to note that they are not
a public company.  I hope that means they're more stable
than some other DSL providers.  A friend of mine has
been through 3 DSL providers in the last year.  Each new
one has had a transition FAQ that ran something like this:

Q. I got switched here from an ISP that went out of business.
   What's to stop you from going out of business also?
A. We have a long term growth plan so there's no need to worry.

Yeah, right!  His current ISP's long term growth plan apparently
includes trading their stock at about $0.80 for the last few
months and losing $141 million this past quarter.  I wonder
just what exactly they mean by long-term...

Tanner
--=20
Tanner Lovelace | lovelace at wayfarer.org | http://wtl.wayfarer.org/
--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--
GPG Fingerprint =3D A66C 8660 924F 5F8C 71DA  BDD0 CE09 4F8E DE76 39D4
GPG Key can be found at http://wtl.wayfarer.org/lovelace.gpg.asc
 Those who are willing to sacrifice essential liberties for a little=20
 order, will lose both and deserve neither.  --  Benjamin Franklin=20

 History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times
 of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to=20
 endure.  --  Justice Thurgood Marshall, 1989=20

--=-lz87IyyupGFG4J3f3uKU

--=-lz87IyyupGFG4J3f3uKU--