No subject

Sun Jun 2 12:36:39 EDT 2013

times are so long it hardly matters. I run a few non-commercial, low-traffic
domains from mine and I use hn.org (like the old ml.org but does domains too
and it's amazingly free) to quickly and automatically just to IP changes.
hn.org is awesome! Besides my linksys router flaking out every now and then
(POS firmware with a nasty DHCP bug until a month ago), I haven't had much
problems.

With the mailserver, I run qmail/Courier-IMAP/vmailmgr to manage multiple
domains and offer secure IMAP mail access. I think I will be switching to
postfix/Courier IMAP soon (QMail is very secure, but Dan Bernstein has some
weird ways of doing things). Basically I have my domains set up in hn.org,
with a MX record as well for each domain. I give my server a static internal
IP (e.x. 192.168.1.2), forward the SMTP and SIMAP ports through to it from
the NAT device, which gets a DHCP-assigned external IP and a static internal
IP, and the server sits there and manages mail just like one sitting out in
the open on a public static IP. I can access my mail from within my internal
network or externally with no problems, all through the same hostname (it
loops back if I do it internally - the linksys router used to crash with
this :).

Cable is a Godsend where I live, where I would otherwise have to go with
IDSL/Satellite for access, unless BS has installed any remote DSLAMS
recently...

Robby