[TriLUG] OT Local Electronic DIY Store

David Burton ncdave4life at gmail.com
Sun Jun 16 00:43:18 EDT 2013

Wow.  I've never had *that* problem, but Tiger (now CompUSA) did annoy me
badly a few years ago.

I'm in Cary, about a half-hour from both Tiger stores. So I didn't go there
in person very often.

But I was in the habit of buying online from Tiger in preference to NewEgg,
because Tiger has local stores.  So I figured that if I received a bad item
then I could take it back to the store, instead of having to shipping it
back as would be necessary with NewEgg.

But then I tried it one time, and the store guys blew me off.  I could not
return a defective item to the store, they said, unless I had bought it at
the store.  Tiger's online/mail-order business was an entirely separate
operation, they said, and if I bought the defective item online then I'd
have to ship it back.

I'd wasted an hour of road time (round trip), and I was thoroughly peeved.
 Since then I've rarely purchased from Tiger's web site.

Dave