[TriLUG] LT: flashback

Igor Partola igor at igorpartola.com
Thu Jun 27 12:02:46 EDT 2013

Alan,

That sounds pretty interesting. I have never gotten anything directly into
Debian, but I have looked into it for a couple of my projects. From what I
remember, you need to (1) publish your software without any packaging
information, (2) file a request for a package, and (3) find a maintainer
who is willing to package it for you. You can during this process also
become a maintainer, which would give you more power over your package, but
will likely take more effort and time.

Another alternative is to use the Ubuntu Launchpad service, where you can
host your own .deb packages in a personal repository. These packages can be
used on Debian and since your daemon is written in Python, it is likely
that you can use your own PPA on Raspbian as well.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.
Igor