[TriLUG] need advice about setting GNU Mailman "require_explicit_destination" setting to No

Pete Soper pete at soper.us
Sun Jun 30 12:14:44 EDT 2013

Folks,
    I maintain the TriEmbed.org mailing list with stupid address
triembed at TriEmbed.org, because a sensible address like mail or
discuss at TriEmbed.org shows up in the GNU Mailman user interface web
pages as "discuss" or "mail" and that is both stupid and confusing.
   I've put a forwarder in place but mail to that address goes to
moderation with "Message has implicit destination." I can fix this with
the setting, but wonder if this is likely to increase spam?

Regards,
Pete