[TriLUG] LT: Networking Tools

William Chandler wcchandler at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 11:33:12 EDT 2013

Hey all,

I'm thinking of doing a lightning talk on the various network tools I
use at $WORK.  Mostly just a quick demonstration of what it is and how
it's used.  Nothing too detailed.  It'd be nice if any others could
chime in and be willing to stand up there with me to show off anything
they use (billf and iperf ;) ).  I'm also willing to take on some
suggestions for tools to show off if you don't feel like talking about
it yourself.

Some of tools I'd like to talk about:
pinger
mrtg
smokeping
mtr
iperf/jperf
iftop
ntop

Some tools I'm not too familiar with but could still talk about:
nc
nethogs
iptraf
tcpdump
Internet2 speedtest

If you know of any other tools that I forgot to mention that you're
interested in, let me know.  If I can figure it out to a point of
demonstration then I'll be more than happy to fumble my way through
it.

--William