[TriLUG] Flash drive data recovery

Matt Flyer matt at noway2.thruhere.net
Wed Jul 3 05:07:54 EDT 2013

By tip, I assume you mean the plug/connector.  It shouldn't be difficult to replace or repair but you will need access to the right equipment (and know what you're doing).

I would see if a local PCB assembly house will replace the connector for you. You might also try these guys in Holly Springs (http://www.circuittechnology.com/index.htm).  They are where I both learned SMT rework and bought the tools (twice for two jobs).  You can get a connector from a place like Mouser or Digikey.

Depending on how easy the PCB comes out of the case, it may be completely repairable.
Sent via BlackBerry