[TriLUG] I have some sticky licensing questions

Igor Partola igor at igorpartola.com
Fri Jul 5 22:46:34 EDT 2013

Re: "just use GPL". I was under the impression that if you find someone violating your copyright under GPL you had to take action, making things more of a hassle. I suppose you would have to enforce a BSD style license as well, but who in their right mind would want to violate it anyways?

Also, in at least one instance I saw that someone preferred the Apache license to BSD as it is more explicit regarding the Copyright law.

Just my $0.02.

Igor