[TriLUG] LT: Booting Linux on EFI using rEFInd

Matthew Frazier leafstormrush at gmail.com
Sun Jul 7 18:53:09 EDT 2013

TOPIC: Booting Linux on EFI using rEFInd

Thanks to the relative newness of EFI, there's a lot of documentation
out there that contains many partially-overlapping explanations of how
to boot Linux on an EFI system. Now that I have it working on my
Macbook, I'd like to explain how I got it to work.

My talk will provide a brief overview of what EFI looks like from a
user's perspective, and the components involved in using it to boot
Linux (including using the Linux kernel as its own bootloader). There
will be a heavy Macbook flavor, but I'll try to bring up what I've heard
about EFI on non-Mac systems.

Time required: 10min or less
--
Thanks,