[TriLUG] Soon-to-be new RasPi owner

R Radford rradford at mindspring.com
Mon Jul 8 08:02:33 EDT 2013

I just received 2x more last week, bringing my current total up to 4x RPis.

I have one dedicated to a nearspace balloon launch payload that also
includes an Arduino, GPS, 9DOF IMU, temp sensors, camera connected via
gphoto2, 4W video transmitter (attached to the RPi's console out), and a 4W
FM transmitter for APRS. It was tested in a pre MakerFaire flight, was
scheduled to go up in the Maker Faire flight (balloon issue), and will fly
again on Wed, July 10th, from centerfield before the Durham Bulls game.

A second one has the RPi camera module on it and I also plan to turn it
into a much smaller and lighter weight nearspace capsule for flight
sometime in August.

The other two have several different projects planned, including a CNC mill
(I already have the motor power modules and verified they work), a
balancing robot (2 wheel Segway style, and 1 wheel unicycle style), a combo
weather station/wireless camera (picked up a large solar panel and
weatherproof box for it recently and I hope to have it hooked up within a
few weeks), and a few other projects also lurking but a bit further out on
the design schedule.

More ideas than time/money allow... ;-)