[TriLUG] LT: Ceph or Haskell

Jack Hill jackhill at jackhill.us
Wed Jul 10 23:37:43 EDT 2013

Hi all,

I've been thinking about two lighting talks, but I haven't been able to
decide between them, so if people are interested in one of them I'll share
it with the group.

The first talk idea is an introduction Ceph storage platform. It's design
goal is to provide an infinitely scalable reliable autonomic distributed
object store (RADOS). RADOS can be used for storage directly via the
librados library or via several application built on top of it that
provide Swift/S3 style objects, block devices, and a POSIX file system. The
Talk will cover the archetecture and administration of a Ceph cluster.
Time required: 5 minutes. <http://ceph.com/>

The second is an introduction Haskell programming language. Haskell is a
purely functional, strongly typed, lazy evaluation language. The talk will
cover basic syntax and how to think about problems functionally. Time
required: 5 minutes. <http://haskell.org/>

Best,
Jack