[TriLUG] Using my second router as repeater

Shrenik Shah ssshah5 at ncsu.edu
Wed Jul 17 01:03:41 EDT 2013

Hello Everyone,

I have 2 routers and I am in need of extending/boosting the range of my
WiFi. I am thinking to use my second router as a repeater. I haven't done
this before. Upon reading some online suggestions, it seems that installing
DD-WRT on the router can help me treating it as a repeater. I will be using
the iBall (iB-WRX150N) router as the repeater and my Belkin router will
work as normal router.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions/pointers for this.

Thank you,
Sincerely,
Shrenik Shah

--
*Shrenik Shah
Graduate Student, Computer Networking- North Carolina State University.