[TriLUG] Have a Job[s] - Python, PostgreSQL Development

Francois Dion francois.dion at gmail.com
Fri Jul 19 17:41:25 EDT 2013

On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 12:09 PM, John Wheeler
<jwheeler at etherealfringe.com>wrote:

> Hey Trilug,
> I have been a follower of ( and very occasional contributor to) the
> mailing list discussions over the years. After moving further west to
> Winston-Salem, I don't make it to many Trilug meetings these days. However,
> when they asked me about professional open source developers, I knew
> exactly where to go.
> I currently work with Inmar in Winston-Salem as Platform Architect,
> striving to lead a team of developers down a conscientious development path
> as we build web services, SAS management applications, and consumer web
> portals in support of the Digital Promotions Network. Our primary
> development language is Python.

John,

Winston Salem has a good Python scene going. We have PYPTUG (I started it
last year), we meet monthly, plus do workshops and code dojos and the like.
Last month we had a pretty good session on debugging (including dtrace):
http://www.pyptug.org/2013/06/pyptug-meeting-june-24th.html
This month, we are meeting on monday the 22nd:

http://www.pyptug.org/2013/07/pyptug-meeting-july-22nd.html

Hope to see you there, and you should encourage your coworkers to check it
out. We have a mailing list / google group:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/pyptug

As for the positions, I can feature that in news from the community.

Francois
--
www.pyptug.org  -  raspberry-python.blogspot.com  -  @f_dion